EUROPEAN OUTDOOR SUMMIT 2019
The Outdoor Industry - Redefining Boundaries
At the European Outdoor Group Summit, held at Interlaken on 26th and 27Th September, Malcolm was invited to talk on two supply chain related subjects
- Redefining your supply chain for today’s world
- Omni-channel pricing, sourcing and stock control
In the first presentation, Malcolm challenged the assembled leaders of outdoor sports companies to reconsider how they manage their supply chains, which are notoriously slow in this sector.
His argument was that, in spite of real problems with lead times in design and development, technical fabric supply, specialist manufacturing and the pressure of retaining higher margins, businesses should apply themselves to how they adapt. The simple reason is that, if they do not, they will lose out to those that do
The second presentation addressed the issue facing all who have been lured into selling across channels, in order to pursue an increasingly fickle consumer. The questions considered were
- How do I deal with different customers buying through different channels? In particular, how do I price
- How do I source and deal with different suppliers for the different customer offers made?
- How do I deal with stock control? Quite simply, where, how and by whom?